Arduberry and bluetooth compatibility?[SOLVED]

I have been using the pi3 and Arduberry for months and it works very well. Recently, I wanted to start using the pi’s bluetooth capability and no matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to work. I always received the No Bluetooth Adapter found message. After a bit of research I noticed there seems to be an issue with the pi uart and bluetooth and this leads to an incompatibility with the Arduberry. The bottom line is if the Arduberry is used then bluetooth is disabled. Is that true? If it isn’t then any assistance to enable bluetooth communication would be appreciated.

I’m using the latest update of Raspbian for Robots.

Best regards,

Marty

Raspbian for robots blocks Bluetooth because it causes interference with it. If you want Bluetooth I suggest finding a USB Bluetooth dongle that’s compatible with the pi. The are not expensive.

Hi @mgagneur123,

Yes the ArduBerry uses UART lines for serial communication and Bluetooth also uses the same UART lines. So we have disabled the Bluetooth facility in our Image. You can use the Bluetooth with Arduberry, if you wish not use any serial communication. So to enable Bluetooth, change the line dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt to #dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt inside /boot/config.txt.

We haven’t tested Bluetooth with Pi3, its on our list and so you can try getting the Bluetooth work and share a few pointers here.

-Shoban

Thank you for the reply