AVR Device not responding

Hey Karen,

Thanks for the quick response! I downloaded your image and everything seems to be working great. Thanks for all your help! May I suggest that you guys put in your arduberry start up guide that you recommend using your own OS with the arduberry.

Thanks again for your help and quick response! I will be buying from you guys again.

-Dan

Great. Glad to hear that it worked for you. We’ll update the directions ASAP for the Arduberry.

-Karan

Hey Karan,

I am now getting the same error again. I now get it every time I try to use the Arduino IDE, even when no shield is plugged in. I already tried re flashing the OS image. We even tried replacing the programming chip with a working one from an Arduino we had laying around to no luck.

We get the error on both the Raspberry pi B+ or 2.

We had been running code successfully for two weeks and then during one compile it just stopped. This is pretty upsetting because we have a design day presentation on Friday and now do not have anything working. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

znigh,
What error message are you getting at this point?
Which image are you using at this point?

I’m in the same boat as these other users using a rpi2.

Fresh install of Raspbian for Robots, fresh update of all DexterInudstries software, rebooted.

Launched arduino IDE, loaded blink - wired up an LED for pin 13 and it worked great. That was the last sketch I could ever send to the Arduino.

Here’s my output of avrdude:

pi@dex ~ $ avrdude -c gpio -p m328p

avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

update: I can successfully upload a sketch after disconnecting the circuit used with the Arduberry.

Example: For the blink sketch, I have to remove either the ground or pin 13 and I’ll be able to upload a new sketch. Keeping both of them plugged in will result in “AVR device not responding” error.

It’ll be annoying to physically unplug and re-plug circuitry for every sketch iteration.

The easy workaround to this is to use any other pin than 10-13 for the LED or other things when uploading the sketches.

-Karan

Just wanted to point out that this (http://www.dexterindustries.com/topic/avr-device-not-responding/page/2/#post-3235) is still a problem. Just hooked up my Arduberry to my Raspberry Pi B, and used http://www.dexterindustries.com/Arduberry/example-projects-with-arduberry-and-raspberry-pi/blink/ as the guide.

Step 1 tells you to connect the LED to pin 13, which will prevent Step 3 from working.

Took me forever to find out what the problem was (numerous google searches FINALLY landed me here), and I’m a grown man. I feel bad for any kid who would try to stumble through this.

I am also facing the same issue on my device. It is showing Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error. Is there any solution to fix it?