Update help for GoPiGo software

Hello, KS backer here needing a little help. We got through mission one; everything is set up, connected the wireless system, and tested successfully. We ran the updates to the GoPiGo firmware and the software. Now we are getting crashes in the software. Boxes for testing and launching Scratch are showing a rather cryptic message, then immediately closing again. Looking through some of the older posts, it sounds like the update failed. I’ve tried using the backup then re-doing the update without any luck.

What should we do next? (or is there an older post that solves this issue?) Can we wipe the memory card and start over? We are really excited to continue and would like to use our missions as a class project so we are under a bit of time pressure to get things going again.

Any help is welcome. I’m pretty computer literate but this is my first venture with Raspberry Pi, Python, etc. Thank you from me and my son.

Sorry. I recommend just redoing the card. Glad your liking, except your troubles of course. :slight_smile:

How do I erase the card? I have a Win10 computer with a reader so I could use that. I cannot find instructions for how to do this.

I found these instructions https://www.dexterindustries.com/howto/install-raspbian-for-robots-image-on-an-sd-card/

Once I erase the card, should I follow these directions to re-install it using my PC?

Thanks!

Chris (& Conner)

No need to. It will be done automatically when you run the win32disk image writer mentioned in the instructions does it. Its that simple!

1 Like