USB Missile device not found SUDDENLY!

Dream Cheeky Missile launcher has been operated very well until yesterday.
But Today, I see the message “Missile device not found” though I never modified my source code.
I tried to change USB port, but I saw same message.
What can I do for this? Is the missile device out of order?

Can you type lsusb into the terminal and post the output? That will show what is connected through USB.

Hello,
The result of lsusb is like the following. It’s unchanged in spite of changing the usb port the missile device plugged in.

pi@dex:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I’m wondering what’s the problem, the number of usb ports is 4 but only 3 Devices displayed.

Hi @samsjang,

Can you tell us which image you are using, also is the USB recognized when connected to the computer. If it isn’t then the USB might have got corrupt or broken. Also make sure the max_usb_current setting is set to 1. You can follow this link for more information.

-Shoban

Hi @Shoban,
The image you said means OS Image? If so, I use the image Dexter presents.
I did update and upgrade kernel last night using ‘sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade’.
And, max_usb_currennt setting is not set to 1.

Which do you mean USB as USB device? or USB port?

I saw same messages like the following no matter the missile device is attached or not.

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I don’t know the following messages displayed by typing dmesg

[ 455.047431] usb 1-1-port2: over-current change
[ 455.303467] usb 1-1-port2: over-current change
[ 455.559453] usb 1-1-port2: over-current change

Is USB device got corrupt as you say?

@samsjang does the Dream Cheeky Missle Launcher show up when you plug it into a PC or Mac? It doesn’t look like it’s showing up when you run lsusb, so that might be the first thing to check.

Also, as a followup, how are you powering the Pi while you have this plugged in?

@JohnC
Yes I can see Missile launcher connected to my PC.
I see the message ‘usb 1-1-port2: over-current change’ repeatly although I add ‘max_usb_current=1’ in /boot/confit.txt.
Power is 5.0V, 2A adaptor.
Raspberry Pi board is corrupted?

Maybe. Do other USB devices work? Thumb drive or mouse for example?

@graykevinb,
No other usb devices do not work.

So its your Raspberry Pi that’s broke. Did the power brown out or something while it was on? Do you have the proper power supply, 5V and 2A?

You could also try redoing the SD card, it is possible something went wrong in the Linux kernel.

Sorry. :disappointed:

@everybody,
thanks a lot. I will do as graykevinb says…