Which is better BrickPi or Pivot Pi or GoPiGo?

I’m interested in creating a large diarama using Legos as the the medium. My original thought is a mine to factory scene utilizing a train. Obviously moving parts would make it more interesting so I’m wondering which would be the better tool to implement this vision. My initial opinion is the pivot pi do to the stackability but am curious as to the power supply. Does the 4 as pack power just the board or the motors as well?. Just how new is this product,just noticed it tonight and seems cheaper than the gopi which appears to have more power for a larger/longer battery life.

Well, not sure on the power. So your wanting a robot that drives, the train, who is on a Lego track? It seems like the brickpi would be best for working with Lego’s and if you have a Lego mindstorms kit. Also what product are you referring to as just how new is this product?

PivotPi is a new product and it’s pretty solid. However it only deals with servo motors, in other words, motors that can go from 0 to 180 degrees and back, but not full rotations. They’re great for dashboards, or controlling robot arms but not for train wheels.
It all depends on what you want to do in your project. (servos would be great for the train barriers going up and down for example)

Unless a continuous servo motor that is compatible was bought and hooked up to the pivotpi.

Hi,

I would like to build a Donkey self driving car from a GoPiGo2.
Is it possible to control the weels of the GoPiGo as they do in this project?:

https://github.com/wroscoe/donkey/blob/master/scripts/diff_drive.py

If I could program the GoPiGo like a PivotPi it would be good enought.

Thank you

You can’t program the GoPiGo like the PivotPi unless you modify the GopiGo module which I don’t reccomend you do. However programming the GoPiGo is in my opinion simpler than the PivotPi.
Here’s some information on programming it.
https://www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo/programming/python-programming-for-the-raspberry-pi-gopigo/

Though it might be better if you have more instructions to make a new thread in the GoPiGo section

Can you be more explicit in how you want to drive the GoPiGo?
You can indeed drive each wheel on its own, if that’s what you’re looking for.