FaultyGoPiGo3 PLease help

This is an email concerning a Faulty GoPiGo3 which, after assembly, would not activate. WE have pressed the activation button in excess of 10 minutes with only a red and flashing green light to show for it. This leads me to believe that the robot is faulty.
Please advise.
This is the 3rd place we’ve been sent to for help and assistance!

Hi,
This issue is due to faulty hardware, please can yoiu let me know how you will replace the unit we bought, or how we contact a person !!
Regards,
Victoria.

Hi @victoriajobling,

Can you describe your situation with a little bit more words?

Am I right to understand that when pressing the button, you only get to see the LEDs (Power LED and Raspberry Pi’s LEDs) blink just as long as you keep the button pressed?

If so, can you check what voltage the battery pack has - that’s if you are using a battery pack. If not, what are you using to power up the Raspberry Pi + GoPiGo3?

Thank you!

Hi,
The battery back is being used and seems fine. We press the button and it simply stops working if we take our finger off the button. If we hold our finger on the button it keeps working as if the unit is booting up. If we take our finger off the button it then stops.
Thanks

The battery back supplied with the order was one that takes 8xAA batteries being inserted into 1.5V slot

Hi @victoriajobling,

That board looks like it’s malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. It’s quite a common issue caused by a defective diode - we are already using a different supplier for the diode that should prevent this problem to happen again.

Can you tell us if you’re from the US and if you bought the GoPiGo3 from us or from a distributor? If you bought it from a distributor, you are going to have to ask them for a replacement - and we can work with the distributor to make it right.

Thank you!

Hi
We brought the robot from MODMYPI LTD. I will ask them for a replacement. Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards
Victoria

That’s great. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you!