How to use CO2 grove sensor with serial GrovePi+

Hey Lolmewn,
We have tried it on two of the CO2 sensors that we have and one of them shows this behavior and the other one dies not. We tries a lot to look for the root cause for the problem and were not able to find it.

-karan

Hi all,

I have several Grove sensors but no GrovePi header and have had some luck getting them to work straight on the breadboard. I get junk data on occasion, but it’s usually because my wiring is not secure and it generates interference. After adjusting the wires I get surprisingly good data (within 20 ppm of current atmospheric levels (407). I modified the code uploaded by doms to work with the serial port on the RPi rather than using an external usb serial.

-Bryce

Please, there is already a solution of this problem?

What fixed it for me was replacing the GrovePi. Fixed all my issues :’)

I am dealing with same errors, I am not able to read data from Grovepi+ in raspberri pi 3, using this code, working with RPIRSER port of Raspberri pi 3. Please, is tehre any solution for this problem?

thanks in advance

I solved it over esp8266. Esp reads data from sensor and prints them to serial port. Raspberry pi reads data from esp over USB. It’s easy, cheap and reliably.

Hi!
I am doing the following but it is not working, and I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B model with a Grove Pi+, MH-Z16 CO2 Sensor and Raspbian for Robots Image.

I bought a Grove C02 sensor (http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Grove_-_CO2_Sensor) and I plugged it in both Serian and RPISER port of the GrovePi+.

I tried domsgen´s code CO2_read_calibrate.zip and it is not working, I also tried Dexter Industry code https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/Python/grove_co2_sensor/grove_co2_example.py and it is not working. I am not able to get any data.

I need to connect directly to the GrovePi+ I can not use Arduino. What I am doing wrong?I tried different approaches but I am not able to get data from the sensor. I always get “Unable to read” error. Can someone guide me to find my error?

Thanks in advance

Simply said, MH-Z16 is not compatible with RPi. I tried to solve situation with support, but it’s waste of time.

@alitor86, I’m sorry to tell you this, but it looks like the Raspberry Pi 3 doesn’t support UART.
The following screenshot comes from Atlas Scientific, it is written all over their Ezo Circuit Manuals.

Hey @jamesokbo,
The Pi3 comes with UART disabled by default but it can easily be enabled. We use it on one of our products and it works pretty well with the Pi3.

-Karan

Hi @karan how can I enable UART in rpi 3?

Do you find any solution to this sensor? Grove Pi+ CO2 MH-Z16 sensor

Hi @aitor,

If you are using the Raspbian for robots image from Dexter then you will have to use the Advanced communication option from the desktop in the Raspberry GUI and click Enable UART option.

Else if you are using stock Raspbian image from Raspberry Pi Foundation you can follow the instructions given here to enable UART.

It looks like you have made another post on the forums about the Co2 MH-Z16 Sensor, so we’ll continue the conversation there to make it easier for us to keep track of the discussion.

-Shoban