Raspberry Pi-5?

I like this idea a lot @cyclicalobsessive! You can keep notes and the little tag on the micro SD card is handy. Also, it is a good repurpose of a CD holder (CD what now?..) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Indeed, but I’m wondering if the label tag makes the micro SD card reader/cable flakey. I have only tried the reader a couple times so far, and amidst a three minute boot time I might have mistakenly thought it was not working.

I need to run some i/o speed tests w/wo the extender, and shutdown/cold-boot a bunch more times to understand if this SD Card is going bad or something else is going on.

3 Likes

I do the same thing with my SD cards because inserting/removing the little beggars is a royal pain - often involving forceps and/or tweezers, potentially damaging the card or the device

2 Likes

One of @cyclicalobsessive’s strong points/strange quirks, is that he measures and documents EVERYTHING! - sometimes to the point of (what appears to be), being totally OCD over it.

But, it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

There have been times when I’ve wondered about the relationship between THIS and THAT on the Pi, and darned if he didn’t have the data!

So!

Keep on obsessing over the data, but don’t forget to have fun too.

2 Likes

Does sound like a game changer. I was often negligent in doing backups just because the card was so difficult to access.
/K

3 Likes