Temperature and Humidity Sensor causes analogRead() error when connected

You can soft reset the GrovePi by calling avrdude -c gpio -p m328p with the subprocess module. This command resets the GrovePi from terminal and the subprocess module will help you to reset it from a python program.

-Karan

Hi Guys - I had this problem last year and Karan tried to help me out too, to no avail… them I ran into this problem on another board and went looking for the solution again… turns on the HA T&H sensor does not play nice with other I2C devices BY DESIGN (or at least “to spec”).

This thread on the Seeed forum explains all
http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6240&p=22390&hilit=TH02#p22398

I’ve implemented the interrupt solution posted by Kavi on my mediatek board and it works great… adds some delay but I can live with that. No reason to think it won’t work on the GrovePi.

Good luck!!

Woah, that is some interesting information. I don’t understand the point of having an I2C device which does not work well with other I2C device. The fact that GrovePi uses I2C too, using this sensor pretty much makes the GrovePi unusable. The grove connections make it pretty difficult for normal users to use the INT pin too without any soldering. I’ll have a look into this and try out the INT pin to see if it is any better when I use that.

Thanks @netgio for letting us know about this. This would surely help other too.

-Karan