Use GoPiGo library on ubuntu

Hello ! Actually I’m running hector_slam on my raspberry with Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and ROS kinetic.

But I want to move my raspberry using the GoPiGo v11.0 Kit, I already tested the GoPiGo with Raspian for robots but I don’t find how to use the GoPiGo function on Ubuntu instead of Raspian.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if everything will fall into its place, but the way the GoPiGo/GoPiGo3 is installed on the Pi is as followed:

curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_gopigo | bash

Or update_gopigo3 for the GoPiGo3.

Is this what you are looking for?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello RobertLucian,

Since some days I tried this but I still got errors. That come from the fact that my User was not “pi” and conflict with the installer

I just added the user “pi” in the sudo group, and launch the installer with him. All the files didn’t fell into its place but I can use the gopigo library with python so it’s a good start to use your library in Ubuntu mate :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help, if something goes wrong and I find how to resolve the problem I will write my solution in this topic.

Hello! Quick question for @anthohd1340 : are you using this on the Pi 3B+ in Ubuntu? Or the Pi 3?

Just so you know, our libraries were mainly built to be used with a Raspbian or a derivative of it like Raspbian For Robots. If you want to do it on a different distro, then I highly suggest you to check each repo’s source code / install scripts and install only what you need.

Thank you!

Hello John !
I am using the PI3B with ubuntu mate !

Actually I managed to manually move the robot with python script. For my project (SLAM robot) it’s sufficient for the moment :).