Windows 10 IoT Support

Yea DigitalWrite works great. I’ll work through the sensors I have.

Is there a Grove pack that has one of each of their sensors? I just have the starter pack which I don’t think has all sensors, so I’ll be able to get so far with the port.

None that I saw on the seeed website, looks like just the starter kitc (which I just purchased as well). I believe Seeed makes the sensors and original Grove while Dexter makes the GrovePi (if im not mistaken)

I noticed some of the original code has very similar functionality that most likely can have a shared method.

I will keep them separated for now, but will plan to make them share a reusable base in the future.

For example UltraSonicRead is the same-thing as AnalogRead besides what command is used in the buffer.

Also your code makes my resharper super happy, I take it you do this professionally? I am a web developer that uses ASP.net MVC for a payroll company here in the states.

I checked in some refactoring, so now there’s a ILed with a ChangeStatus and CurrentStatus method for example.

Exadon. Do you have the temperature sensor? If so can you give it a shot against the lib. I tried mine both via the C# and Python libs, it seemed to think it was 10-14c in our house, which seemed on the cool side to me.

Wondering if its to do with the temperature algo I took from the python lib. Maybe that that is wrong in both the Python lib and now ours.

Waiting for my starter kit to come in the mail , I believe seeed is shipping it from China?

I will check as soon as I get it in.

Aa ok, sounds good! I tested the ultrasonic ranger, looks good.

Glad to hear. Very impressed with all you have done as well. Really coming along

I purchased the following sensors for testing:

Grove - 4-Digit Display
SKU: LED05291P
1 × $5.90
Grove - Chainable RGB LED
SKU: COM53140P
2 × $3.90
Grove - RTC
SKU: SEN12671P
1 × $6.90
Grove - 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±16g)
SKU: SEN04051P

I believe if we get the ones for the starter kit and a few extras working…should be good enough for a basic release. No way we could purchase/test every sensor on the seeed site.

I added the light sensor support, though don’t seem to be getting a good read from it. If you have a light sensor, can you give it a shot please?

I would love to, shipping for my damn starter kit is still taking forever…

Ill add it to my list of things to test once it gets here.

Edit: My buddy, who is also a programmer, has a light sensor. Im going to have him test it shortly

My friend had no luck with it, however his sensor was not Grove. Not sure of the differences. At any rate were you able to get it resolved?

It seems all the starter kit sensors are in place. really coming along.

I haven’t looked at it since. I’ll hook up the grove to my R Pi model B and see what the Python examples look like to compare.

Yea I think we’re dev complete for most of the popular sensors at least. Great work and help!

Cheers
Jonathan

Yeah, a lot of fun. Glad to be one of the programmers on this.
@Karen, once testing is done do you guys still want the C# library we developed with pulled into Dexter’s Git?

Hey Exadon,
We’ll be more that happy to pull the C# code into the main GrovePi repository when it’s ready.

-Karan

I get a perfect read from my lightsensor @ John (if you are still around).

I have the light sensor plugged into my A2 port. The code I used :

var currentState = _deviceFactory.BuildLightSensor(Pin.DigitalPin2).SensorValue();

My pi is right next to my TV, so that is giving some light. However with the lights off i get a range of:

171-193

with the lights on i get a range of

377-393

seems to be working correctly for me

All sensors tested and appears to work correctly. For some reason I can’t get Rgb Lcd I2C screen to work correctly.

RGB color changes correctly but I can’t seem to get the text to display. If Karen or someone has time to look at the code, that would be awesome.

besides that the library is good to go with all the sensors that comes with the starter kit

I will check my light sensor again, thanks!

no problem. You mind checking your RGB LCD display? I got the RGB to change colors, but cant get text to display

Hey Guys,
You have been doing great work with the GrovePi C# library. I am really excited to see that you have got the starter kit sensors to work.

Coming to the RGB LCD, I was looking at the library, and even though I don’t know anything in C#, the implementation of https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/C%23/GrovePi/I2CDevices/RgbLcdDisplay.cs#L48-L74 looks different that the implementation in the Python library, though I might be wrong and C# might do things differently. The main things that I noticed were:

1. In this line, it looks like you are sending two bytes: https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/C%23/GrovePi/I2CDevices/RgbLcdDisplay.cs#L51, whereas the python library sends a single byte 0x0C https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/Python/grove_rgb_lcd/grove_rgb_lcd.py#L49 .
  2. There is a 50ms sleep in b/w the first three commands, I don;t remember why they are there, but it might be better to add that.
    3)textCommand() uses the address 0x3e in the Python code but it looks like you are using 0x80. I am missing anything here. Shouldn’t it be 0x3e in your code here: https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/C%23/GrovePi/I2CDevices/RgbLcdDisplay.cs#L65
    4)Same goes for https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/C%23/GrovePi/I2CDevices/RgbLcdDisplay.cs#L70 too.

Hope that this helps. Do let me know how it goes and if there is anything else that we can do to help you guys.

Thanks again,
-Karan