Are there 3D models for the plastic parts for the GoPiGo-3?

Just a simple question:

Are there any known 3D models (that can be 3D printed) for the chassis parts of the GoPiGo-3, particularly the bottom acrylic plate?

IMHO, a 3D printed bottom plate would be more rugged and less prone to cracking than the hard acrylic plastic plate that’s currently there.

2 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

I saw those and I thought they were like Gerber files used to manufacture the acrylic pieces.

So, which files do I need to 3D print something?  (assuming I can get my grubby mitts on a 3D printer, 'eh?)

2 Likes

You can use the STL files - but you’ll need slicing software that can turn the STL file into gcode or another format the specific model of printer can use.
/K

2 Likes

Won’t he have to separate the various body parts into individual STL files (and get rid of the battery pack)?

2 Likes

I’m not swimming in this but could the svg to stl converter convert the chassis file into the needed STL without having to separate out the desired parts?

2 Likes

But, as far as I can see, these are 2D models that could be used as cut-out templates for the laser cutters, but not for 3D printing.

That’s why I asked.

P.S.
If I’m going to print anything, I’d really like to print out the original servo mounts to use instead of the hideous “Lego” mounts we have now.

2 Likes

right, but they only need a thickness, which I think the svg-to-stl converter allows setting.

I really need to stop trying to feed cats more than they want. Gets me in trouble everytime.

2 Likes

Yeah. I hadn’t actually looked at the file - that’s what I get from assuming they were listed as individual parts.
/K

2 Likes

Cool - didn’t know that existed. Seems like that would work.
/K

2 Likes

I would like to propose a slant on this thread

Could we design a pair of new 3D printable plates to make a GoPiGo5 that would feature:

• wider wheelbase for more accurate odometry (prob need longer motor/encoder cables)
  • room for mounting a Pi5 with cooler, to the GoPiGo3 board, and Battery on the bottom plate
  • room for a solid 5v 3A or perhaps even a 5A supply with a usb power delivery negotiated output
  • mount for MPU9250 IMU far away from every thing
2 Likes