Avrdude error while updating the firmware

Hi everyone!

I have the grovepi+ and the grovepi install was fine but when i tried to update the firmware with ./firmware_update.sh i have libraries error :

avrdude: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
avrdude: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I see this is because the libcurses.so.5 is now on 6 version, but i don’t know how to solve the error.

Maybe someone can help me? thanks

Are you running the Buster distro? I may suggest you stick to Stretch for a while until they fix all issues.

I may be wrong, but maybe installing this will work for you:

sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5

Or if you can’t find it, then you can search it with apt-cache search ncurses and pick the one that interests you.

If not, then maybe you can create a symlink to libncurses.so.6 for libncurses.so.5. If there aren’t big differences between the two versions, then this should work.

Cheers!

Thank you for the answer.
I solved the problem myself with this commande after some research.
Sudo apt-get install libncurses5.
Yes i’m on the buster distro. I have rtc via i2c and grovepi+ on it + arduino mega 2560 via serial port who control a 16 channel relais board. At this time all work well!