Booting Won't contuine with raspberry Pi 4

I have been trying to get my gopigo3 booted up fully. However the power led will just blink for ever and the WIFI won’t turn on. I have reimaged the sd changed the sd and reimaged again but still can’t get it to boot up fully. Can someone help me?

1 Like

Tro17001,

Which O/S are you trying to boot?

Since it seems you’re trying to boot a GoPiGo-3 with a Pi-4, are you using the version of Raspbian for Robots derived from Debian Buster?  If you’re using any O/S based on anything earlier, it won’t work.

If you’re trying to boot DexterOS, you should use GoPiGo O/S instead.  It works on the Pi-4 and is a much better implementation of the Dexter learning environment.

You can download the new GoPiGo O/S here.

You can download Raspbian for Robots here.  Be careful to select the “experimental” version for the Pi-4 based on Buster.

Don’t worry about it being “experimental”.  It has been thoroughly tested by virtually everyone on these fora, and it’s rock-solid.

1 Like

I was using the dexterros image 2.5.1 I’ll try the other o/s and see if that works thank you.

1 Like

Hello @tro17001

DexterOS will not work if you have a Pi4. You need to go with GoPiGo OS, or Raspberry Pi OS.

The Pi4 has certain peculiarities that required changes to the OS and DexterOS predates it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. You’re right. I got it working with the new OS now I’m just trying to get it connected to the wifi and finish setting it up.

1 Like