Browser Stream Robot Issues

I’m trying to get the Browser Stream Robot working. I’ve run the browser_stream_setup.sh script as root, but when I run robot_web_server.py, I get the following error as soon as the web server gets a request:

pi@robopi ~/GoPiGo/Software/Python/Examples/Browser Streaming Robot $ sudo python robot_web_server.py
sockjs.tornado will use json module
/www
Starting web server…
200 GET /robot_control/info (10.0.1.17) 14.97ms
200 GET /robot_control/info (10.0.1.17) 8.02ms
/usr/local/bin/raspberry_pi_camera_streamer: error while loading shared libraries: libvcsm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/raspberry_pi_camera_streamer: error while loading shared libraries: libvcsm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Rod

I got past that error by using ldconfig to update the ld cache. Now I’m getting this error:

200 GET /robot_control/info (10.0.1.17) 7.98ms
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1)
Error: Failed to create camera component
Error: Unable to create camera component

Ok, I got past that by enabling the camera with raspi-config and rebooting. Then the example worked once. Now (even after a reboot), it crashing with the following error:

Uncaught exception GET / (10.0.1.17)
HTTPServerRequest(protocol=‘http’, host=‘10.0.1.27’, method=‘GET’, uri=’/’, version=‘HTTP/1.1’, remote_ip=‘10.0.1.17’, headers={‘Dnt’: ‘1’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘Accept-Language’: ‘en-us’, ‘Accept-Encoding’: ‘gzip, deflate’, ‘Host’: ‘10.0.1.27’, ‘Accept’: ‘text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8’, ‘User-Agent’: ‘Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/600.5.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.5 Safari/600.5.17’})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 1346, in _execute
result = method(*self.path_args, **self.path_kwargs)
File “robot_web_server.py”, line 163, in get
self.render( webPath + “/index.html” )
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 664, in render
html = self.render_string(template_name, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 768, in render_string
t = loader.load(template_name)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/template.py”, line 343, in load
self.templates[name] = self._create_template(name)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/template.py”, line 370, in _create_template
with open(path, “rb”) as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/www/index.html’

Hey rschmidt,
Judging by the issues you worked through (great work by the way!), it looks like you’re not using the Dexter Industries image, but installed this on your own, is that right?

Looking at that last IOError, at the very bottom of the pasted line, it looks like the tornado server is looking for a page to serve up, and it’s coming up dry. Did you install tornado yourself, and have you changed any of the settings?

I used the setup script in the same directory as the example. I started with a noobs image and then ran all the setup scripts, updated the firmware, etc. The examples, Basic Robot Control, Basic Servo, Ultrasonic Basic Obstacle Avoider are working.

Hey,
Can you make the script executable by: sudo chmod +x robot_web_server.py and run it like: ./robot_web_server.py or sudo ./robot_web_server.py to see if that works.

-Karan

I didn’t change anything, but now its working. Maybe it was network issues.

Excellent, glad this is resolved!