Can A Goldfish Learn To Drive A GoPiGo3?

Not sure of the value of the research, but some “smart”? folk have seen to giving a goldfish a Raspberry Pi 3B+ powered go-cart and the goldfish learned to drive it. Same processor as the GoPiGo3.

“So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish [treats]”? (Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy)

2 Likes

That’s hilarious (and amazing).
And I love the Hitchhiker’s Guide series (except Mostly Harmless). Apparently there is a sixth book authored by someone other than Adams. I haven’t read that one, and probably never will.

My favorite concept from the series was the “S.E.P. field”, which was better than invisibility because people will go out of their way to ignore somebody else’s problem.

/K

2 Likes

What this translates to is that many “dumb” animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

I posted a link a while back about a dog who had learned to communicate using push-buttons.  One video showed the dog asking to go out, so the owner got the leash and collar.  The dog stopped the owner and said that she did not want that collar as she didn’t like it; she wanted a different one!

Another video showed a different dog, (who also communicated with push-buttons), asking his/her owner “Why do you love me?”  This kind of intangible and conceptual thinking is much more advanced than people have given dogs credit for.

2 Likes

Color me sceptical :slight_smile: :dog:

/K

1 Like

Go take a look.  It’s interesting.