Cannot install GrovePi with sudo curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash

I enabled the I2C-Interface and connected the GrovePi to my Raspberry (4 Model B). Then I ran the command sudo curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash
but it exits with the following last lines:

Installed /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/smbus_cffi-0.5.1-py3.9-linux-armv7l.egg
Searching for scipy
Reading Links for scipy
Downloading
Best match: scipy 1.8.1
Processing scipy-1.8.1.tar.gz
Writing /tmp/easy_install-nldwglyt/scipy-1.8.1/setup.cfg
Running scipy-1.8.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-nldwglyt/scipy-1.8.1/egg-dist-tmp-dbxc9vib
/tmp/easy_install-nldwglyt/scipy-1.8.1/setup.py:486: UserWarning: Unrecognized setuptools command (’-q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-nldwglyt/scipy-1.8.1/egg-dist-tmp-dbxc9vib’), proceeding with generating Cython sources and expanding templates
warnings.warn("Unrecognized setuptools command (’{}’), proceeding with "
Error: ‘pybind11’ must be installed before running the build.

error: Setup script exited with 1

I have no idea what to do know. It is a fresh install of Raspberry Pi OS. If someone could provide me with easy instructions on what to know, I would be much obliged.
I’m just using it because we have this project in school. I don’t normally do these things and have little experience with Raspberry Pi and Linux, so please bear with me.

Note: I had to remove the link where it says download after searching for scipy, so it’s blank there.

1 Like

Legacy PiOS?

The default Pi OS is incompatible.

What version of Raspberry Pi Imager are you using to write your OS to the SDCard?

See Suggestion For Setting up GrovePi+

1 Like