Can't get Scratch "control"

Using vnc to connect to gopigo, working fine.

When I double click the GoPiGo_Scratch_Start on the desktop nothing happens. If I double click the BrickPi_Scratch_Start a terminal window opens and says it’s connected to Scratch. I don’t get that terminal window when I run the GoPiGo_Scratch_Start.

Don’t know if this is the issue, but I cannot control “anything” from Scratch. I load the control panel or the basic test scratch programs and nothing happens, works. From the terminal, the python scripts work fine.

I’m using your image downloaded from Sourceforge, all updated, including firmware. FW is version 1.2.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Glen

Hey,
Looks like the scratch shortcuts are not made executable in the GoPiGo repository. If you go to Software/Scratch/GoPiGo_Scratch_Scripts folder in the GoPiGo and run
sudo chmod +x GoPiGoScratch_debug.sh
and
sudo chmod +x GoPiGo_Scratch_Start.sh
and then follow the instructions here: http://www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo/projects/scratch-examples-for-the-raspberry-pi-gopigo/gopigo-scratch-control-panel/ , it should work.

Sorry for the troubles and do let us know if it works for you.

-Karan

Thank you Karan, making the “debug” executable is what I missed. I had already changed the “start”. It’s working just fine now.

Glen

Doh, this is probably an oversight in the latest image. I think there’s someone else on the forums I’m talking to that’s having this problem as well.