Convert Raspian For Robots from Dexter Install to Cinch?

Is it possible to convert Dexter Industries’ Raspian for Robots into their CINCH OS? I have a gopigo with lots of programs on it and don’t want to have to remove the OS and change it out to CINCH. Is there just a way to update it to CINCH? The main reason is because we are heading to a robotic exhibition and will need to be able to directly connect to the robot like we can do in CINCH.

If anyone can help me I would appreciated. Also, if you could help me in creating an ADHOC network and still access our robots that would be great.

Thanks for reading!!

Hello,
love your username :slight_smile:

Yes, you can convert from Raspbian for Robots to Cinch, but you can’t come back once it’s done. Also, only the official Dexter Wifi dongle is supported so make sure you do have that one.

My recommendation would be to:

1. clone your current SD card to be safe.

You will need to use a dongle of some sort on the Pi that will allow you to put in a second SD card. I use one that looks like this one although this particular one is for USB 3.0 and won’t work on the Pi. But that’s what they look like.

2. Once you have a clone of your working card, you can run
    sudo bash ~/di_update/Raspbian_For_Robots/upd_script/wifi/cinch_setup.sh
    to convert your card to Cinch. Your PI must be connected to the internet with an ethernet cable for the script to work.

Cleo

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Thank you so much!! I’ll have to try this out!!