I was recently gifted with dGPS and have the following problems (with EV3):
- The first day I tried it it got the signal for an hour or so (blue light + correct position)
- It never aquired the sattelite signal again (fixed on this first good position and later, after taking/putting battery fixed on default positions)
I have tried the following to solve the issue:
- Replacing CR2032 battery with fresh one
- Trying on EV3 firmware
- Putting on rooftop with fresh EV3 batteries for 3 hours
- Polling with 500 ms, 1000 ms, not polling at all
I was writing driver for ev3dev and have already got most of the functions working. Extended firmware also seemed to be working (correct altitude for the position it got correctly the first time).
The battery is ok (old one and freshly replaced, the UTC time keeps going on).
EV3 power sources tested were rechargable batteries (freshly charged) and EV3 accumulator from edu version (freshly charged).
When writing the driver I might have made some I2C writes I should not but from what I have seen in your forum it shouldn’t affect the firmware.