Dissapointed with my latest delivery

I’ve just received my delivery from Dexter of the following

1. SD Card
  2. Case for RPI 2 and BrickPI
  3. Wireless dongle

The case is pretty awkward to assemble and disassemble; the indicator lights are not exposed and are difficult to see; the box doesn’t accommodate connection of the camera that I purchased with my brickpi.

The Raspbian for Robots (2015-11-09) SD card doesn’t work with my brickpi! I had to take the raspbian SD card out of my B+ Model and use that - I cannot boot with the SD card that Dexter provided.

I live in Australia, so the postage premium is huge and equals the cost of the components. It’s not a trivial exercise sending stuff back.

A little disappointing that something with so much potential is hampered by such a poor experience trying to get hold of quality components from suppliers

Hey Skill,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I can’t do too much about the case at this point, but we’ll certainly use that feedback in the future when we redesign it.

As for the SD card, again, sorry about that experience as well. You can get the latest software by updating it with a free download of Raspbian for Robots. We have directions on how to do that here: http://www.dexterindustries.com/howto/install-raspbian-for-robots-image-on-an-sd-card/

Thank you very much for your honest feedback.

Best,

John (Founder of Dexter Industries)

Thanks for your reply John, I’ll grab a copy of Raspbian for Robots and update the SD Card.

Cheers,

Michael