Do you have an EV3 to UNITY3D solution?

Hello.
Do you have an EV3 to UNITY solution?
I see examples of Arduino to Unity for sensor detection and relaying the data to/from a Unity Project.
I am interested in communicating sensor data to/from EV3 and Unity. … even if an intermediate technology like a BrickPi (or other ) is required.
Thank you.
Michael

Hey @mvallance looks like a really interesting technology! I don’t think we have anything that does this or any examples with UNITY yet though.

Well technically an EV3 can directly communicate to UNITY3D with something calledev3dev. I’m assuming your having a computer or something like that where the robot communicates to? Depending on what your doing you may find the BrickPi more useful. You can even in theory run unity on a raspberry pi running android, possibly maybe on raspbian it maybe would maybe work. Sounds like your project idea is super cool! :smiley:

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I think it’s a cool project but also, important for me, it has strong educational value.
Other sources I have located:

UNIDUINO - Arduino for Unity - Scripting/Input - Output

Uduino - Arduino and Unity made simple

‘ARDUnity’ for "LEGO mindstorms EV3” Modules

Trying to connect my EV3 via Wifi to my Unity game. Is this a way to send a command to the EV3?

Hope this helps fellow practitioners and if you have success please let us know :slight_smile:

Hi @mvallance,

Hmm that kind of interests me. I’ve been interested in controlling/monitoring actuators/sensors in this fashion, but I haven’t had the time to deep-dive in it yet.

It’s definitely feasible. Here’s what I’d do if I were to use a BrickPi (this is the first thought that has come into my mind):

• Create a server which takes BrickPi commands from a client. The communication between the server and the client has to be bidirectional.

• Create the actual interface between Unity and the client.

On the other hand, @graykevinb’s answer is also on point and that ev3dev platform could be a solution. It depends on what you’re trying to achieve.

What do you think of this?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I have a BrickPi so may get round to using it again. My students have opted for the ARDUnity solution for now so I have ordered the parts.
Previously I used LabView software and a Visual Studio ‘bridge’ file on a server to link a NXT (later EV3) robot to an OpenSim virtual space. Then we simply added the Leap Motion Controller. I have a video from 2015 at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2IrlIRM4qAcHBSVWw3cmRUWmM
A previous version was reported by National Instruments at

but it seems the associated video is no longer.
Enjoy.