Downloading Raspbian for Robots

I am trying to copy the sd card I purchased from you to another sd card for a back up.

I did back it up to another sd card with the same amount of files but the sd card I have is 32gig and it is configured as fat32 where yours is 4 gig and fat 16.

does it matter if it is fat32 or fat16 and is there an issue with being 32 gig.

when I put it into the raspberry which is connected to the gobotgo it does not seem to work.

is there a place on your website where I can download the software to my backup sd card.

also I did use the backup option on the software on the sd card which I did back it up. should I be able to use that sd card that has the backup stuff on it and put it in the raspberry pi and it should have the location of dex.local or is it in another location rather then dex.local

I asked a lot of questions but I suppose the best answer you can give me is the easiest one to accomplish a sd card that I can use as one that will go into the gobotgo and work the same.

hope to hear from you soon

dlorfel@yahoo.com

Hi @dlorfel,
The image on the 4GB sd card should work with the 32GB sdcard too. You should follow this post to see how you can backup the SD card and once it’s backed up, you can just burn the image to a new SD card. By default, you won’t have the entire 32GB available to use on the Pi, so just follow Your First Time Running the New SD Card section here and expand the SD card.

Can you expand a bit more on how you tried to copy the image to the new SD card and are the LED’s on the Pi blinking and do you have a monitor to which you can connect the Pi to and see if it boots.

The backup option on the desktop saves the copy of the projects folders on desktop to a folder and you would have to copy it off the Pi before you can use it to restore the files back to the same folder and you can pretty much pick and choose what to do with the files there. It is a good option just to keep a copy of them handy but I would suggest you to use the first method and copy the image and but it to another SD card.

Do let us know if this helps.

I will try those things when I get home butalso I did use the backup option on the software on the sd card which I did back it up. should I be able to use that sd card that has the backup stuff on it and put it in the raspberry pi and it should have the location of dex.local or is it in another location rather then dex.local.if so will all the software to connect thru wifi be on the card I just backed up and should it be bootablethanks getting less confused

If you had used the backup option on the desktop, that would just backup the files to a USB drive, you cannot use it to burn the to SD card and boot again. You can only use it to restore the project files. To completely backup the SD card, you’ll have to make a copy of the image and use that.

thanks. I was able to create a new sd card that booted up and works fine. I followed the instructions you sent me too and it was very helpfulthanks again. I am learning!!!

Glad to hear that it worked. I’ll mark this post as solved then.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.