Dust Sensor in Python

Hi

I’m having difficulties getting my Grove Dust Sensor to take any readings. I run the dust sensor code from https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/Python/grove_dust_sensor.py on my pi 3 with grove pi plus but it just outputs “reading from the dust sensor” on the command line, with no readings (left it running for about 15 mins to give it time to warm up). The Python code for the sensor is quite short so I’m not sure where it is going wrong. Has anyone got any debugging tips or tests that would be worth trying to narrow down where the problem might be?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Grahma

Interesting. Sorry no one has replied. This will bump it. Do other sensors work?

I’m having the same issue as you @grahamhorne. The output of the provided python code produces reading levels of 0. I have it connected to digital port 8 as instructed and updated to latest firmware. I have also left if on for the last 30 minutes, all readings were 0.

Anyone here have experience with this?

Moved sensor from port D8 to port D2 and I am now seeing readings…

Hmmm. Do other sensors work on port D8?

Unfortunately don’t have other sensors at the moment. But would be a good test.

@igorlimatemp: The dust sensor only work on Port D2. Can you send a screenshot of the output that you get with a picture of your setup. Can you follow this guide here to generate the test log and upload the log here too.