Enable GoPiGo blocks in Scratch / Button errors?

Greetings!

I am making my first foray into Raspbian for Robots and decided to play around with Scratch.

What I like:

• It’s incredibly internationalized. It supports just about every language available except for, (maybe), Martian.

What frustrates me (so far. . . .):

• I cannot find where, or how to import, the actual scratch blocks to control the GoPiGo’s motors, sensors, lights, etc., as there was in DexterOS. All I can find when I launch Scratch is the default Scratch installation. Including the “Meow!” sound.

What I have done so far:
  • Launched RFR, (Raspbian For Robots), for the first time using a monitor, mouse and keyboard. (they’re still connected)
  • Ran the “DI Software Update” twice. The first time it generated errors due to directories and files being missing. The second time these errors were missing.
  • Configured Locale, (US), Keyboard, (US), Time Zone, (Moscow, +3), and Wireless.
  • Ran “Firmware Update” once which updated to 1.0.0. (It may have already been at 1.0.0, I’m not sure.)
  • Configured the Wireless interface to bind to my WiFi network and set both WiFi and Ethernet to a fixed DHCP lease.
  • Changed the hostname to “charlie”.
  • Verified that I could connect via noVNC.
  • Verified that I could launch and run Scratch.

In the course of all this, the system has been rebooted several times.

Not only can I not create new scratch programs for the robot, I am convinced that something is wrong with the examples. Running the “button” example in scratch does not detect the actual sense of the button - nothing happens when the button is pressed.

Attempting to run the GoPiGo button example returns no button presses and reports the following in the terminal:

Rx:button 1
GoPiGo3 Scratch: Error isinstance() arg 2 must be a class, type, or tuple of classes and types
Rx:close eyes
GoPiGo3 Scratch: Error isinstance() arg 2 must be a class, type, or tuple of classes and types

Obviously something is missing. Equally obvious is that whatever is missing, probably an import or include somewhere, is what’s causing both issues.

Please advise.

Jim “JR”