I spent too much time in the sun today,
So here’s my challenge with using the line follow sensor: I need a servo pivot mechanism to lower it only when needed, and raise it out of the way at all other times.
There are two situations when Carl would need this:
- When Carl backs onto his recharge dock (converted iRobot dock), the GoPiGo3 is tilted forward which lowers the front of the bot somewhat,
- When Carl needs to:
- cross an 1/2 inch high wood threshold,
- cross from tile to carpeted areas,
- cross a marble threshold from carpeted to a tile area, or
- move on to, or off from, 1/2 inch high rugs.
(A simpler mechanism would be to figure out a way to mount it just inside the roller and line follow in reverse, but then it will collide with the recharge dock. )
More impetus to finish the Practical Python and OpenCV book and just use the PiCamera as planned.