Firmware now not running on GrovePi!

Long story…GrovePi was psuedo working with some sensors…Went to github because of sensor application issues (per tech support) and downloaded and installed from another directory other than the one Seeed recommended…Ran a program (??? not sure which one now) but the unit ceases to exist now…I get nothing with i2cdetect -y 1…This is very difficult. I thought getting this up and running would be easy and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. It seems Seeed and Dexter are not on the same page with updates and where repo’s live. These units were purchased from Digikey and some of the sensor worked initially…

I have run “sudo python ./grove_firmware_version_check.py” only to now have Pi hang and I have to Cntl Z to break…I have installed the latest from GitHub onto my Pi but because some example sensor applications (in particular the analog input ones) didn’t seem to run. Also when I run the " sudo ./firmware_update.sh" I get errors (see below):

Press any key to start firmware update
. . .
avrdude: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shar ed object file: No such file or directory
avrdude: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shar ed object file: No such file or directory

Do I need an USB cable? I have GrovePi on RPi 3 and am SSH into it…No cables at all currently connected…This is sooooo frustrating!!!

Thanks
Steve