Getting there from here - programmatically disabling access point mode?

@cleoqc (along with anyone else who may have a clue)

Issue:
As currently deployed, there are TWO different things that must be done to permanently disable access-point mode in the GoPiGo O/S:

• Navigate to the GoPiGo O/S web page at 10.10.10.10 (or “localhost” if you’re directly connected), click on the WiFi signal icon, and then set a connection to the WiFi network of choice,

And THEN you have to. . .

• Execute
    sudo systemctl disable start_as_access_point.service
    in a terminal window.

Note that neither one alone is sufficient, you must do BOTH in order to succeed.

Question for Nicole:
I would like to be able to create a script or something that I can execute when I start a new GPGOS image to configure it to the way I want it.  That is, I want to connect it to network “X”, disabling access-point mode, edit a few files, and install some programs that I always use, (like gddrescue and gparted, etc.).

Theoretically, (:man_facepalming:), I can write a script that will do everything I want, EXCEPT setting up the network mode and credentials the way I want them to be set up.

So, the musical question becomes:
:notes:  How do I programmatically accomplish what changing the network mode in the web page does?  :notes:

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry, I just saw this. The following will cancel the access point from the command line instead of through the browser interface. But you still have to give it your network name and password .

sudo bash /opt/Sam_Dev/access_point_on_off.sh off

2 Likes