GoBox - What all do you get in the First Box

We just got our First Box of the Subscription with the GoPiGo3 Base Kit and the Raspberry Pi 3 and the DexterOS Dexter USB Drive. On the Instruction page and in the picture of the GoPiGo subscription it talks about and shows a camera and other possible sensors. I have been trying to find a link or page that shows me what actual components come with the the First Box and then the boxes there after.

Is there a link to something like that? Not just a list of Missions but the actual hardware.

1 Like

This is the best I can do for you:

The main ā€œGo Boxā€ page:

The first ā€œmissionā€ comes with the basic GoPiGo-3 'bot and some stuff. Ā Iā€™ve never messed with the Missions, Iā€™ve bought the hardware I have as Iā€™ve gone along and am basically doing self-directed learning.

ā€œMissions and Parts Onlyā€ if you already have a GoPiGo-3:

If you have any more particular questions, you can ask here - or you can use the ā€œmessage usā€ links at the bottom of those two pages to send an e-mail to Modular Robotics support.

In any event, donā€™t forget to have fun! Ā The GoPiGo is a fun robot to play with, that you wonā€™t outgrow in the next fifteen minutes.

Hello @guntercherise

In your first mission, you will only get the gopigo3 itself and none of the extra hardware. The missions are meant to use extra sensors and actuators that are easily added. The camera is not one of them.

What you will be getting is whatā€™s in this pack, plus a servo and distance sensor.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

If I could throw my two cents in - you might want to get the camera anyway, as there are aspects of the lessons in the latest GoPiGo O/S that make use of the camera.

Especially the ā€œdriving aroundā€ part. Ā If the camera is present, (and enabled), the ā€œDriveā€ tab gives you a window of what the camera sees, so you get the whole ā€œFPVā€ effect and it makes driving the GoPiGo around much more fun and interesting.

2 Likes

May be some useful info here:

1 Like

All GoBox missions can be found under ā€˜Robot Subscriptionsā€™ in our GoLabs page:

https://edu.modrobotics.com/

Thereā€™s some pretty cool third-party projects on the main page too!

1 Like