GoPiGo Board does not react at all

Dear Team-GoPiGo,

I received my GoPiGo set and tried to set it up right away. I followed your instructions exactly and used new batteries. But when I switch on the GoPiGo board nothing happens… The LED next to the switch stays off and there is only a short very quiet “beeep” sound.

What could have gone wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Lisa

Hey,
Wanted to ask a few questions about your setup:

1. Are you running the Dexter Industries flavor of Raspbian or something of your own?
  2. How are you powering the whole setup? AA batteries or USB power or something else
  3. What do you see when you give sudo i2cdetect -y 1 command on the terminal a couple of time. Is there a 08 there consistently?
  4. What result do you get when you give “f” command in the basic_test_all.py (https://github.com/DexterInd/GoPiGo/blob/master/Software/Python/basic_test_all.py) a couple of times?
  5. What result do you get when you give “v” command in the basic_test_all.py a couple of times? Is the reported voltage above 9V.
  6. What happens when you give “w”,”a”,”s” and “d” commands to the GoPiGo, does it move consistently or does it have some problems too.

The is a long list of things toi do but it’ll help us debug the problem better. Do let us know what results you get.

-Karan