I received my GoPiGo set and tried to set it up right away. I followed your instructions exactly and used new batteries. But when I switch on the GoPiGo board nothing happens… The LED next to the switch stays off and there is only a short very quiet “beeep” sound.
What could have gone wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Wanted to ask a few questions about your setup:
- Are you running the Dexter Industries flavor of Raspbian or something of your own?
- How are you powering the whole setup? AA batteries or USB power or something else
- What do you see when you give sudo i2cdetect -y 1 command on the terminal a couple of time. Is there a 08 there consistently?
- What result do you get when you give “f” command in the basic_test_all.py (https://github.com/DexterInd/GoPiGo/blob/master/Software/Python/basic_test_all.py) a couple of times?
- What result do you get when you give “v” command in the basic_test_all.py a couple of times? Is the reported voltage above 9V.
- What happens when you give “w”,”a”,”s” and “d” commands to the GoPiGo, does it move consistently or does it have some problems too.
The is a long list of things toi do but it’ll help us debug the problem better. Do let us know what results you get.