A quick list of resources for troubleshooting the most common questions about the GoPiGo.
1. Common Troubleshoot Questions. Here we have a few FAQ’s about the GoPiGo.
2. Generate a Test Script. If you are having trouble with the GoPiGo hardware, we typically ask you to generate and post a test script. There is a built in function in Raspbian for Robots to generate a test script that helps us narrow down anything that might be going wrong with the hardware. You can see a video of this here.. You can upload the text file it generates.
3. More Information. In your post, it helps us to know the version of the Raspberry Pi, the operating system you’re using, and if you have any pictures, screenshots, or videos of what you’re seeing.
Whenever you are posting a new topic or starting a discussion, it would be great to post a few things which make it easier for us to solve your problems:
- Troubleshooting log mentioned above
- Which OS are you are using. Is it Dexter Industries Raspbian for Robots or something else
- From where and when did you buy the products
- A few pictures of your robot setup
- If you are facing problem with a program, then a link to the program or upload the program as a txt file so that we can have a look at it
- A video of what the problem looks like would be even better
We usually end up asking these questions anyways and it would make it a lot easier for us if you provide this information when you create a topic.
Also, the forums have a handy search bar at the top right. Please do search for the problem on the forums before you post. You might find that someone would have already encountered the same problem and a solution might already be there on the forums.