GoPiGo going in circles

I’m a noob, so forgive me if this is basic. I got the GPG connected via putty and with wifi. When running the python test, when I type ‘w’, it keeps going in circles. Both wheels move, but it moves in circles. I noticed that when I move the front wheel with my thumb, it catches and gets stuck at a certain point. Did I get a defective wheel, or is the problem related to something else.

Swap the motor wires around, if black white, then change to white black, until you get it sorted out. DC motors will run in the opposite direction when the wires are switched. It’s just a matter of getting them correct. Try one motor first and see what it does. For mine it was black wires on outside, white on inside.

Try that first and see how it goes.

Glen

Is it just me or are some of the motors sent from the factory with black and white wires switched?

I tried that. Started moving and then the white cable popped out. I just got this a couple of weeks ago!

Hey,
Can you add a picture of the motor with the cable popped out.

-Karan

I tried that. Started moving and then the white cable popped out. I just got this a couple of weeks ago!

Did it pop out from the board, or disconnect / break from the motor?

It came out from the motor. Thanks.

Hey,
Sorry for the trouble with the motor.

Can you try soldering the connector yourself to see if it works. Also, can you send us a good picture of the motor where the wire came out. It would help us in improving our QA so that we don’t see this problem in the future.

-Karan

Sorry, don’t know how to solder. I just got this a couple of weeks ago from Amazon. Should I return it back? It took me a while to put it together, and I don’t know if I want to go through the hassle again.

Hey,
Can you contact us through our contact page, under “General Questions and Feedback”http://www.dexterindustries.com/site/?page_id=65 and we would arrange for a replacement.

Sorry for the troubles.

-Karan