Gopigo-looks different than pictures (2016)

I purchased my GOpiGo educator bundle last April but haven’t had a chance to use them til now. They look different than the ones on the instructions. Mine have a small robot etched on the top rather than a large one that I doubt has any antennae that would light up and no light up wifi doggle. are there different instructions for this version?

Where should this blue dot be on this version?

Also, when I try to download the new version of the OS the file is corrupted. I have tried this from multiple points on the dexter site. Each time, I can’t open the zip file.

thank you,
Lauren

Try using the google drive link. The sourcforge one is corrupted and apparently has never been fixed.
Could you show a picture of your robot?

Can you send me the google drive link please? I am still a bit confused on how to update the OS. I save the downloaded file to the flash drive, then plug it into the robot and the robot just “sees” it? Or since I have an SD card I can “etch” the updated OS?

Attached is a picture of the robot I have I bought last year. I purchased twenty for my classroom. Any ideas to update these easy and get them running would be awesome.

thanks

Lauren

Statement of Confidentiality:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The information may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. This transmission is sent for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction, or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC SS 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.

Hi @ldavis,

I assume you have GoPiGo2s, which are the old model of the GoPiGo - the latest one is the GoPiGo3. Just so you know, on DexterOS we support both versions of the robot/GoPiGo, which is good for you.

Now, I don’t seem to understand what OS you’re referring to. I can only thinks of either DexterOS or Raspbian for Robots. Can you tell us which one do you intent on using?

To understand more on the differences between Raspbian for Robots and DexterOS, please take a look at the following post (expend the post so you can fully read it):

I’m waiting for an answer from you.

Thank you!

I teach 8th grade students that are familiar with block coding. I am thinking the Dexter OS would be best as they don’t know linux.

I went online to get directions to “hookup” my gopigo to the wifi.

The directions suggested I updated the OS. I downloaded the new OS. Only the file was corrupt. I was then told this was a known problem and I should get the new OS from the Google drive, but I don’t see where this is on your site.

Here’s what I want to do:

Get the latest Dexter OS software if I need it for the SD card I have in my GoPigo and then hook up my bot to my wifi. I can’t seem to find good directions as the ones on line are for a gopigo3 and are not the same as a goPigo2.

I am sure I am missing something here, but this seems incredibly difficult for something that shouldnt be.

thanks for your help

Lauren

Statement of Confidentiality:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The information may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. This transmission is sent for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction, or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC SS 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.

Hi @ldavis,

Yes, in your case DexterOS is preferrable. I haven’t had any issues with downloading and burning an image of DexterOS. Here’s a link to it:
https://www.dexterindustries.com/download/dexteros

Can you try out the image from the above download link?

Thank you!