Grove-LCD RGB Backlight - no text? [SOLVED]

Hi, I have a GrovePi+ starter kit for raspberry Pi - I am able to change colours on the display using https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Software/Python/grove_rgb_lcd/example.py or scratch, but I am not able to display any text or symbols. Any help appreciated.

Try the lcd connected as solo device: alone on the i2c bus! I got the same problem, it interferes with other devices.

Thanks, I tried it (I only had temp-sensor connected) - no success, still able to set background colour, no text.

I just realized, that I can see some letters displayed, if I use my thumb to press the screen. I assume this is a hardware defect.

I read something like what you described and it had to do with the supplied power. ( Wasn’t enough)
But if it’s a vanilla grove module connected to a grovepi then this is out of the question.
Drop here a line if you find out something!

2 Likes

Thanks!!! I just tried another power adapter and it became readable! You saved my day!

1 Like

Excellent!
When the raspi displays a yellow arrow, then you can be sure there is a low voltage situation. Usually the usb cable has inproper connection.
Have a good day!