GrovePi Install and Analog Reading

I have spent several days and quite a bit of money trying to get some sense out of the GrovePi system. I am now frustrated beyond words. I had written a simple program to read a signal off the analog port. I am fast discovering that simple doesn’t exist in Python! I eventually worked out that I could get the grovepi.py module imported properly if I appended the sys.path file in my program which seemed overly convoluted. Now I discover that the grovepi.py module is written in Python 2.7 and I am using 3.5 and the print command is not compatible!! Arghh… Is this what I can expect all the time trying to develop using this environment?

Hey SteveW152, sorry to hear about your troubles, and really sorry to hear you’re so frustrated.

Indeed, GrovePi is written in Python 2.7.

Did you see our step by step guide to installation?

I’m sure you reviewed it before coming here: http://www.dexterindustries.com/GrovePi/get-started-with-the-grovepi/setting-software/

what part did you stumble on?

Also, to help us better troubleshoot any issues:

• What operating system are you running?
  • How are you powering your Pi and GrovePi?
  • What example programs have you tried or worked with and had trouble with in the GrovePi Github repo?

Also, I changed the title of your forum post, I hope you don’t mind. I thought it was a little dramatic.