GrovePi+ Reset LED

Hi

I would like to know why i2c is not detecting the grove pi+ which is connected to the raspberry pi 2.
And the RST led is light up, may i know the reason and solution to resolve this?

Thanks

Can you give us a little more information? How did you test the I2C?

What i did was through this command:
sudo i2cdetect -y 1.

The Command works but it just show that it did not detect the grove pi.
When I connect the grove pi to the raspberry pi and power it up, the grove pi has both the PWR and RST light up.

Hi Aprilee the firmware may be corrupted if the i2cdetect doesn’t return anything. Can you past the results of i2cdetect?

If that doesn’t work, run the firmware update script: https://github.com/DexterInd/GrovePi/blob/master/Firmware/firmware_update.sh

It should be in the GrovePi folder, /GrovePi/Firmware/firmware_update.sh

Hi,

I am having the same problem (power & reset light both on and cant even get the led blink to work). I ran the firmware update and it seems to have worked but when I run sudo i2cdetect -y 1 it shows that:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- –
10: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
20: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
30: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
40: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
50: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
60: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
70: – -- – -- – -- – --

Hey,
Can you run the following commands to see if the red reset light turns off: gpio mode 8 out and gpio write 8 1. Does restarting the GrovePi after the firmware update make the red reset led turn off. Can you post the output of the GrovePi firmware update as well as a few pictures of the GrovePi top and bottom side so that I can have a look for any problems with the board itself.

-Karan