GrovePi with motor controller

Was wondering if this can be stacked below the Pirocon motor controller or Ryanteck MCB? Would the external 7v power supply from the Pirocon be able to power the entire stack down to the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve,
I tried finding out if it would be possible to power the entire setup from the Ryanteck MCB or the Picoron motor controller but didn’t find much.

If you can power the Raspberry Pi from the motor controllers then it indeed can be used to power the entire setup. If you son’t know if it can or cannot, it’ll be better to write to the guys at Ryanteck and Picoron.

About the compatibility, the Grove Pi is indeed compatible with both these platforms and should work without any problems.

If you are looking for some robotics platform, we too have one http://www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo you can check it out and let us know what you feel.

-Karan

GoPiGo looks great! will definitely be buying one shortly. There was a question on the gopigo forums about dual power supply that wasn’t quite clear. I’d like to be able to power the Pi via its microUSB and power the motors/sensors on the gopigo board separately via its (molex?) 2 pin. Is there a jumper or thing I need to solder to do this?

Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve,
You can use the GoPiGo with the MicroUSB and the Batteries together without any problem.

-Karan