GrovePi Zero and Dust Sensor

I am trying to use the Grove Dust sensor module with a GrovePi Zero.
I am getting:

Reading from the dust sensor

I have Tried A2 port and D3 port.
Which port should I use?

Hi @jp_kelly,

Before I do the testing stuff, I have a couple of questions:

1. What image are you using?
    Raspbian For Robots or is it a fresh Jessie image?

2. Do you have the GrovePi updated to the latest version (if I’m not wrong it should be version 1.2.7).

3. If you have Raspbian For Robots, is it updated to the latest version?
    Or if you have a fresh Jessie image, do you have the latest GrovePi repository installed?

4. Are you using the code we’ve provided on our Github repository?

5. How much time did it take to record those values?

Thank you!

Hi.
The OS is a fresh Jessie image.
The GrovePi Zero is firmware 1.2.7
I an using your code from GitHub.
The 0 readings come apron every 30 seconds.

All the instructions I have found are for the regular Grovepi not Grovepi Zero and say to use port D2. But there is no D2 on the Grovepi Zero.

Hi @jp_kelly,

Okay, so I have tested it on a GrovePi (not a GrovePi Zero) and it works for me and this means there’s no problem with the python script itself.

Here’s what I got:

levels_of_dust

I’ve also checked the port differences between the GrovePi and the GrovePi Zero and it looks like port D2 is not available for you.

I’m going to bring @JohnC into this discussion and see what we can do about it. I’m also labeling this thread with the pending label, which means our team is going to take a look at this issue.

Thank you!

I’d really like to know if it is possible to use the dust sensor with the Grovepi Zero.

Hi @RobertLucian,

I’m going to do some tests and see if I can come up with a fix for it to work on a GrovePi Zero.

Thank you!

Hey @jp_kelly, it looks like the firmware, as it is right now, won’t support the dust sensor on the GrovePi Zero. Because it needs an interrupt on the Atmega, this sensor is tied into port D2 which is not available on the GrovePi Zero.

We will put this on our development list to try to find a solution. At this time though, we don’t have a schedule for that. If you need to be able to use the dust sensor with the Raspberry Pi, we recommend using the GrovePi+, which has working code for this.