Home_Weather_Display Error

I have completed the setup of GrovePi+ and trying to run the Home_Weather_Display project
I am getting the following error after
sudo python Home_Weather_Display.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Home_Weather_Display.py", line 51, in <module>
    setRGB(0,255,0)
  File "/home/pi/GrovePi/Projects/Home_Weather_Display/grove_rgb_lcd.py", line 66, in setRGB
    bus.write_byte_data(DISPLAY_RGB_ADDR,0,0)
IOError: [Errno 110] Connection timed out

Any help is appreciated

Hi @aycatuzmen,

Here’s a list of issues that can happen the most. These are ordered by their probability of occurring:

1. Bad connection between the Grove RGB LCD and the GrovePi. Check your cabling and show us a photo of your setup.

2. Cold solder joint - we could check it by repeatedly typing the i2cdetect -y 1 command. By entering it multiple times, we raise the probability of encountering an issue (i.e.: not detecting the end device which is the Grove RGB LCD). Check it multiple times and tell us how it goes.

3. Multiple scripts running at the same time that use the I2C. Please kill any processes that are trying to communicate with an I2C device. It may be an instance of Home_Weather_Display.py, provided you started it multiple times.

4. Weak power supply - this may cause an issue if the voltage is too low. Please tell us what power supply you’re using.

That would be all for now.

Thank you!