How to completely uninstall the GoPiGo3 without re-imaging

@cleoqc

Given:
An attempted install of the GoPiGo3 code and libraries that has, (for whatever reason), gone all pear-shaped in a spectacular fashion, (possibly), leaving fragments of code and programmers all over the place.

Question:
Is it possible to completely uninstall everything, including eggs, pickles, cucumbers, salad greens, and everything else used to make the installation happen?

I know I can sudo rm -rf /home/pi/Dexter, but I am also sure there are other libraries and artifacts that might have been installed via PIP or via the package manager, (like Scratch for Robots), that wasn’t a part of the original system as installed.

I know I can re-install from the original installation media, but I have configured the installation in a particular way to make it suitable for a series of tests I’m running, and I’d really rather not have to go back to square-one.

Thanks!

1 Like

only thing I can think of is to create a script that applies all your desired changes to an install, so you can reinstall and apply your changes again easily.

DI did not invest in an uninstall, and even commented it was easier to delete the install source, redownload and reinstall over the prior libs and packages.

1 Like

Yup.

That’s what I am doing.

I did a total rsync backup, only to discover I did it to a NTFS formatted drive.

I went out and bought a 1t USB ssd to format as ext4 for the rsync backups.

I’m re-downloading the O/S, re-configuring it, and then will copy it to the multi-boot drive.

Then, I’ll redo the original backup.

Delays, delays, delays. . . .

1 Like