Is anyone using Postgresql 9.4 on a pi mod 3?

When I try to connect to a database, I get:
(‘PostgreSQL 9.4.9 on armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, compiled by gcc (Raspbian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2, 32-bit’,) I want to insert sensor data into a database and do live graphing.

Hmm . . . have you looked at Stack Overflow on this one? Since the problem seems limited to Postgresql, you might have a faster response there?

thanks, I will try that again. I think it might be related to the pi and operating system, I had to change a few other postgres configs to get where I am today ! Like in the pg_hba.conf .

Postgresql is a fantastic database. I’ve got a fair bit of experience with it and it’s one of my favorites. Depending on your use case, you may think about sqlite3, or one of the other ‘server-less’ database options. For single-process uses, there are benefits that can’t be ignored.

thanks for the idea ! I could build my own replication library or try to find something automatic that aggregates the sensor data.

Hey @tjhart and @chris3, question for you both: what are you doing with PostgreSQL? I’m only curious; I’ve never worked with any sql database before outside of website admin.

Hi,
I’m using PostgreSQL to store sensor data and the
data model for the smart irregation system I am building. I have been
using matplotlib to do live graphing for sensor data inserted into the
database using matplotlib.
Thats the plan … in open source I’ve found versioning is always a factor !

@JohnC
I’m not doing anything with Raspberian and PostgreSQL. I have a background in software engineering, and postgres has shown up a time or twelve where you’d expect an SQL database - nothing extraordinary.