Issue with the test hardware revision

Hi,

I have a problem to run the simple programm grove_button.cpp. I have an I2C error.

I have updated the firmware. Same error. And I run the script all_tests.sh, and I have the weird error on Hardware revision 26019

I have several kits and this error only happens on a few.

Thanks for the help,

Guillaume

1 Like

Stupid question:

Are i2c and SPI enabled in raspi-config?

Is there anything different between the units that work and the units that don’t?

Do the Python examples work?

Have you updated the operating system?
(That can cause issues)

Have you tried re-installing the Dexter libraries?

Viz.:

curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_gopigo3 | bash
curl -kL dexterindustries.com/

Have you tried exchanging modules/Raspberry Pis/SD cards between the working units and the ones that don’t work?

Thanks for the reply

re i2c and SPI enabled in raspi-config? yes

Is there anything different between the units that work and the units that don’t? no, same os, same firmware

Do the Python examples work? I just use the C examples. I will try but I am not sure that it is different.

Have you updated the operating system? No. I want to keep the same OS
(That can cause issues)

Have you tried re-installing the Dexter libraries? No but I think this will be my next step. Actually I am a teacher and I use these kits for lab courses. My next session will be Tuesday the next week and I will re-install the dexter libraries.

Have you tried exchanging modules/Raspberry Pis/SD cards between the working units and the ones that don’t work? Yes, I switch r-pi and and modules dexter and clearly the problem seems to come from the module. Maybe the module have been hardware issues. But i do not know how to check.

Thanks for you help

1 Like

How old are the modules?  Where did you buy them?

At the hardware level, are the connectors making good contact with the pins on the Raspberry Pi?

As much as I hate to “pass the buck”, you may just have a couple of bad boards.  Depending on how old they are, they might be eligible for a warranty exchange.

Another idea:
Since it is the “Black Friday/Cyber Monday” season, maybe you can order a half dozen spares, (and a few extra Pi boards too!), inexpensively to use for just this kind of thing - a class coming up and failing hardware to make things “interesting”.  :man_facepalming:  :roll_eyes:
(:wink:)

I mention this because I have had problems with my 'bot in the past, (a GoPiGo-3), that turned out to be “the connection needed a squeeze”.

In this case it would be:

curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash

And may need:

sudo curl -L dexterindustries.com/update_r4r | bash
1 Like

Maybe a “curl” topic, with all the variations suitably labeled, wouldn’t be a bad idea?
:wink:

The modules are 4 years old. Yes, they may be broken but a bit surprised that most of the tests pass and thus have the same error on so many cards.

I will try this tuesday the update_grovepi (or the update_gopigo3). We’ll see and if it doesn’t work, I’ll make some purchases.

Thanks again

2 Likes