LED Blink Problems

While I am still trying to conquer the browser streaming issue I decided to test as many examples as I could with the hardware I have.

I am running a fresh Dexter build with the software/firmware update complete.

Running V13 for the GoPiGo board.
Running a Raspberry Pi 2.
No internet or connection problems with my home network or dongle.

I can ssh, VNC, X11, virtual desktop, etc all into the pi with n

Basic Keyboard control works perfect.
Mouse Control works perfect.
Browser Streaming doesn’t work at all.

The weird thing is I just tried running LED blink and the headlights started blinking and then in a few seconds one of the motors turns on full and stays on…then the LED’s alternate between both blinking, and then just one of them blink…Once I kill the program the motor still keeps running so I have to run basic robot control to stop it.

Anyone seen this before?

I’m getting frustrated that I have a totally clean build, been at this for days, and can’t get most of the stuff that is supposed to work working…I thought this was supposed to run the examples out of the box to help you get going on your own programs?

I was planning to replace the LED’s with other sensors or possibly IR illuminators.

Any help on this would be appreciated but I’m more interested in fixing the web streaming issue.

Mark

Hey Mark,
Again, sorry to hear about all the frustrations with the GoPiGo. I’ll try to address the LED issue and then hop back on the browser streaming issue.

The LED blink issue. Are you running this example:

https://github.com/DexterInd/GoPiGo/blob/master/Software/Python/Examples/LED%20Blink/led_blink.py

I just want to make sure we’re on the same page here. I don’t know how that could bleed over into motor control since the commands are pretty straightforward. Has the python script been changed at all? Any motor commands added in there? How are you powering the GoPiGo when this happens?

Hey Mark,
Again, sorry to hear about all the frustrations with the GoPiGo. I’ll try to address the LED issue and then hop back on the browser streaming issue.

The LED blink issue. Are you running this example:

https://github.com/DexterInd/GoPiGo/blob/master/Software/Python/Examples/LED%20Blink/led_blink.py

I just want to make sure we’re on the same page here. I don’t know how that could bleed over into motor control since the commands are pretty straightforward. Has the python script been changed at all? Any motor commands added in there? How are you powering the GoPiGo when this happens?