.NET C# examples not working Pi3

Using the HelloWorldBlinky

I tried the C# expamples. I’m using a Pi3. Windows 10 of course. Everything compiles correctly. I go to deploy it and I get an error on line
led = DeviceFactory.Build.Led(Pin.DigitalPin2);

Not sure if its because latest greatest version of win10 or what might be going on.

Anyone else having problems. (also I can’t even get a stack dump. VS will not show one)

Thank you everyone in advanced

Hey idaband, we haven’t tried this with the Pi 3 release on Win10, but we’ll do it very soon. In the meantime, what error are you getting on that line?

Hey idaband, we haven’t tried this with the Pi 3 release on Win10, but we’ll do it very soon. In the meantime, what error are you getting on that line?

In general I’m getting COM errors. Unhandled exceptions in the GrovePi.dll and I think it might stem from the Driver. The class will start to initialize but during the constructor where the examples start to “talk” or initialize a sensor, you will receive an unhandled exception.

Hey idband, we haven’t lost site of this. We are trying to talk to MS about it, not sure what the problem is. Raspberry Pi 3 build for IOT core is still in insider preview, so I would imagine they have some bugs to work out on the OS.

Hey idband, we haven’t lost site of this. We are trying to talk to MS about it, not sure what the problem is. Raspberry Pi 3 build for IOT core is still in insider preview, so I would imagine they have some bugs to work out on the OS.

Glad to hear your still looking into this. Found something interesting…might be related to the grovepi board itself though.

I’m testing with a Pi2 until Pi3 starts working again.

I deploy with windows OS 10.0.14366.0.

I’m using the temperature sensor that comes with the kit. After a long time running I noticed it starts only showing the default temperature of 0 Celsius.
This same problem occurs if you attempt to do lots of builds and stops. I’m wondering why the communication to the sensor stops working after a period of time. Maybe a window 10 issue? Maybe a physical board issue?

Hey Folks, just an update: I ran this using the latest (as of Fall 2016) Raspberry Pi Image available from MS, and I ran a Pi 3. I ran HelloWorldBlinky and had no issues running it. It looks like whatever was wrong with the original image for the Pi 3 seems to have been solved.

I just got my Microsoft Grove IoT Kit and it does not work with any of the GrovePi+ sensors. How do I update the firmware under Windows 10 IoT that my Raspberry Pi 3 is running under or is this a MS issue with the 10.0.14393.0 build as idaband reported issues for the latest build from MS.

I couldn’t get the LED solution to work either. I am on the same build of Windows as you. I was able to get the button and buzzer solution to work so I know it is not the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks, I did not try the button or buzzer and will check tonight.

I to was able to able to get the button-buzzer sample to work so it not the Raspberry Pi 3 or board just some of the sensors or firmware issue with Insider build 10.0.14393.0.

@sfcsarge and @Constatine411, do you have a specific error message you’re getting back from the compiler? Can you share your error list?

I am not getting an error. The LED just doesn’t light up.

Did you check the orientation of the LED? It might be in the socket backwards. You might also try a different LED.