No install.sh file in the DI_Sensors package

I am attempting to install the DI_Sensor package on my Ubuntu MATE OS.

My home directory is “thomas” not “pi” and therefore “curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_sensors | bash” will not work.

I have installed the GoPiGo3 package in my Dexter directory by doing the following:

sudo git clone http://www.github.com/DexterInd/GoPiGo3.git /home/thomas/Dexter/GoPiGo3

sudo bash /home/thomas/Dexter/GoPiGo3/Install/install.sh

I found that I cannot do the same for the “DI_Sensor” package because the DI_Sensor package Install directory does not have an executable install.sh like the GoPiGo3 Install directory.

Would it be practical to create the “pi” directory in /home, use “curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_sensors | bash” to install the DI_Sensor package and then move it to my /home/thomas/Dexter directory where Dexter/GoPiGo3 is located?

Comments?

Regards,
Tom C

Thanks for the suggested solution, but it did not work. I created a new user “pi” and installed GoPiGo3 in home/pi/Dexter, however the Dexter in home/thomas/Dexter did not contain GoPiGo3 after the install in home/pi/Dexter which was successful.

I may have to run GoPiGo3 programs from home/pi/Dexter/GoPiGo3.

Though I did try to install GoPiGo3 in home/thomas/Dexter after I installed GoPiGo3 in home/pi/Dexter and it did install because there is code in the install app that looks for directories/apps in home/pi/Dexter/GoPiGo3

Comments?

Regards,
Tom C