No LED lights on application of power - GoPiGo

I ordered the GoPiGo kit months ago and just now got around to constructing it. After installing the battery compartment and connecting power to the red board, nothing happened when I turned the switch to “on.” On inspecting the red board I noticed the coil component labeled 104NL had only one lead connected - the lead next to the 26 pin connector was disconnected. Could this be the problem? If so how do I go about ordering a replacement? Thank you!

@jratje,
Can you post a few pictures of the GoPiGo board so that we can have a look at it. Also, where did you buy it from. Did you have a Raspberry Pi connected to the GoPiGo when you powered it and did it turn on?

Looks like I bought the kit from Dexter Industries in Nov 14 and I checked the Forum then about no LED illumination on application of power. You told me then to go ahead and connect up the Raspberry Pi to check voltage – instead I put the GoPiGo in the closet and just got it out today to resume the construction and noticed the broken wire. The Raspberry Pi has never been connected yet. Photos are attached – small wire next to 26 pin connecter – look carefully. Thank you Karan!

Hi @jratje,

It looks like you received a broken GoPiGo. Thanks a lot for testing it out. I’m really sorry for the frustration.
Can you contact us here, under “General Questions and Feedback”: . We will have one shipped to you immediately.

Please let us know if this helps,
-Shoban

Hello again, I just received the new GoPiGo 2 red board (ticket #1596 - transaction id 1478012870-026403-1). It looks like I have the GoPiGo 1 kit and the new red board will not fit with the encoder wheels on the chassis. Do I also need a different chassis board? Or should I send the GoPiGo 2 red board back and exchange it for the original board? Thank you!

Hey @jratje sorry for all the confusion around here. The short of it is that you had a GPG1, and we shipped you a replacement board for the GPG2. I’ve just reopened your ticket and Chris will work with you today to try to get a GPG2 Base Kit to you.

Thanks for your patience!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.