I have a problem with noise crashing the GrovePI when using the GrovePi Relay module.
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with a Grove Pi board attached. For software I use Windows 10 IOT I connect a single relay module and am able to switch the relay on and off without issues without any load connected to the relay.
When I add a load to the relay i.e. a 240v mains lamp, the GrovePi crashes usually with the orange reset lamp illuminated. Only a power on off will address the problem. There are no other components connected only the lamp to the relay.
I have tried the following
- Tried three different grovepi relay modules
- A different Raspberry Pi ( both 2 and 3)
- New Grove interface board.
- Drive PI and Grove boards from a professional test PSU unit and not the current micro USB 2.5A 5v adapter.
- Updated to latest grove firmware.
- Drive the Pi and the 240v lamps from different 240v output sockets in the office
I have tried lower bulb wattages, screened cables. Moving location of cables etc.
I am currently at a loss as what to try next.
I am surprised that the relay output pins are so closed to the computer connectors on the Grove Relay PI connector.
Any advice as to what to try next would be appreciated. Note all other sensors work fine including g the relay without load.