OS Upgrade failed

I have a Gopigo on a rasperryPi3. I took the unwise move to upgrade the OS and followed the procedure (download, put on a usd key, close gopigo, put the key, open gopigo, see the 2 red blinkers blinking, wait till the red light shines). All went well but know, I still get the dexter wifi sign on my pc (though the blue light does not show up anymore on the gopigo. When I enter www.bloxer.com, mu pc tells me it cannot connect. What a bad move. I went worse form expecting better. Can anyone help me with this. Doing the procedure again did not help. It looks like the gopigo did not download it again (knows it is the same or went bust?).
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Try entering 10.10.10.10

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately, it does not help. Any othe way you might think of?

1 Like
1 Like

Ok thank you. Anyone in th forum that can help me?

1 Like

Hello,

I contacted you some weeks ago because of a connection problem with my gopigo (see below). It turned out that de SD card was out of order. I bought a new one and installed the 2.0 version of the OS.

I then managed to get in contact with the robot and make it move. The remaining problem was that I still could not run a program on the robot, though it showed I was connected through wifi.

I now have a new problem. When I start the robot, the led blinks green but never turns to solid green.

I start to get a bit desparate (and fed up) of all this. Can you please help me before I ( and my children), give up with Gopigo. I am afraid my children will just remember of this first programming experience that it is complicated anf a long series of problems…

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

Greetings!

How did you flash the SD card?  What O/S did you use to flash it?

It really sounds to me like you have a bad flash.  Sometimes happens to the best of us.  (Which, BTW, isn’t me! :grin:)

Also:
What brand of microSD are you using?  What speed?

Starting with the Pi-3, the Raspberry-Pi has become really picky about the quality of the SD card - probably because the clock and processing speeds have increased.

Make sure to get Name Brand cards, U1+ rated, speed as fast as you can afford, by a company like Sandisk or Toshiba, as other, lesser, brands may not work.  I particularly avoid cards by Kingston, PNY, or some of the bonzo no-name brands, because the overall quality of the cards is variable. For slower-speed applications, they usually work. For demanding applications like a Pi3 or greater, they’re nothing but problems.

I skip the bargain-shelf and go straight for the higher-end “photography/video” rated cards.  Expensive as oil-rights, but worth it in all the grief you miss.  (That is, unless some of the “photo-video” rated cards hit the bargain shelf! :wink:)

I also avoid “on-line sale” sites (like e-Bay) for these cards like the plague, as you don’t know if you’re getting the Real Deal, or counterfeit.  Do a web-search for “Ghost Shift” if you really want an eye-opener.

Another thought:
How old is that Pi?  How long since it’s been used last?  Maybe the contacts on the micro-SD card slot need cleaning?

Do this:
Take a business card, cut a strip about 2/3 the width of a microSD - or a wider piece with a tongue 2/3 the width of the microSD, and saturate the very end, (about 3mm or 1/8 inch), with denatured alcohol.  Move it in-and-out of the slot, and follow it with another piece of dry business card, cut like the first.

You can use a COTTON Q-tip®, soaked in alcohol, to clean the contacts on the SD card itself.

How are things going with your GoPiGo? Are you still having issues with it or are things working well now?