Pinging not working

Hello World,
I have had a lot of trouble with the go box you guys sent me a knew sd card and everything worked for a day but now this happens when I try to connect it please help.
Here is a little video to show you what is happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynrfa3q9o3w5jnn/Screen%20Recroding.mov?dl=0

Thanks world. I am at camp for the next two weeks and will not be able to work on it but I will check in on this after two weeks.

Thank You World

Hello Ford, sorry to hear about the connection troubles. I have a few quick questions about your setup:

1). Are the Power and ACT Lights on the Raspberry Pi board (the green circuit board) Blinking? (Here’s what a success looks like: https://youtu.be/TORys5PpWM8 )
2). Are you powering via the USB Raspberry Pi Power Supply?
3). Do ethernet lights come on on the Pi?

thanks!

Hi Johnc

I have trouble with the ‘ping’ too. When I tried to power up, both red and green lights are solid (the green light doesn’t blink at all" in addition, when I plugged in the ethernet, there isn’t any light at all. I have tried using 2 laptops to do so and it is still the same? Do you know what is wrong with it or what have I done wrong?

Hi @liling_ong87,

Can you double check if you have inserted your SD card properly.

If you have inserted the SD card properly and if the Green LED remain solid and don’t flash, then the SD card might be corrupted.

Can you tell us if you are using the SD card bought from us or your own SD card. If you are using your own SD card, then you might have to re-burn the image onto your SD card and try again.

If you have bought the SD card from Dexter Industries, we will have it replaced, please send us a request here. However it will take some time for the SD card to arrive, if you don’t wish to wait, you can follow the guide here to burn the SD card and try it out.

Please let us know if this helps,
-Shoban

Hi Shoban
I spent more than an hour trying to download the files online, following the steps given. However, when I used both winzip and winrar to unzip the file, both softwares said “the file is corrupted”. can you please help me? Where should I go to request for a new SD card? Which tab should I click? technical question? purchase order?
Looking forward for your reply.
RegardsLiling

Would you be able to send me the file through dropbox?
RegardsLiling

Hi @KreativeKids,

Thanks a lot for your patience. Sorry we don’t have the file on dropbox. Can you try downloading the image from the google drive here and from the website sourceforge.net and tell us if anyone works for you?

If that works then you can refer to this page for installing the image and get back to us if you have any issue.

-Shoban

Hi Shoban
I have tried downloading both methods you suggested and it still doesn’t work. How do I request for a new SD card? How long would it take to receive a new one?

Hi @KreativeKids,

Thanks a lot for testing it out. I’m really sorry for the frustration.
Can you contact us here, under “General Questions and Feedback” and reference this post. We will have one shipped to you immediately. However this might take a few days for the SD card to reach you. Thanks for your patience.

-Shoban

Thank you very much for your assistance shoban. I have requested for it and how primly will receive it soon.

Have a wonderful week ahead of you.

Regards
Liling

Liling, glad we could help out! Hope that the replacement works out well. John