Python - illegal instruction

fresh install of SW. When I try to execute grove_led_blink.py (or other examples), I get message: llegal instruction
i2cdetect shows 04 (OK)
Please help me.

Thank you,
Marko

I’ll try and see if I can give you a hand but first a few questions

Are you using Raspbian for Robots or your own SD card, if it’s your own, is it Wheezy or Jessie?

Can you be more specific when you say “fresh install of SW”. Are you implying that you newly burned Raspbian for Robots on a SD card? Or did you do a git clone to get GrovePi software?

if you run i2cdetect -y 1 in a terminal window, what do you get?

This will help in figuring out what’s going wrong.

fresh install of SW:

and everything is fine (including i2cdetect test) until step 10. Then I get this error. And if I write a program in python without importing your library, program works fine.

Regards,
Marko

Nicole asked this:
If you run:
i2cdetect -y 1

What do you get?

value 04 at coord 00, 4 - just like in yours instructions.

Regards,
Marko

I’m assuming if you installed NOOBS, that it’s the Jessie version of Raspbian that got installed.

If you are not certain, can you start a terminal window and try:
cat /etc/debian_version

A 7.0 would mean Wheezy, and a 8.0 would mean Jessie.

Thanks!

Actually don’t mind that, I tried it on both, and it isn’t an issue. (I’d still like to know out of curiosity though)

When you get the message : llegal instruction Is there a line number? Is that the whole message? Are you able to send a screenshot of the error message?

This is whole message without line number.

Regards,
Marko

Hey Marko,
Looks like the image or the file did not upload successfully. Can you upload it again.

-Karan